With many parents having busy work schedules, packed weekends filled with enrichment classes and never ending errands to run, a public holiday is very much cherished and a perfect time to bring a refreshment to our hectic lifestyle. We catch up with parents of City Harvest to get a glimpse of how they will be spending quality time together as a family this National Day holiday!
The kids recently fell in love with roller blading. So on this National Day public holiday, we will head to East Coast to have a lovely picnic by the beach and roller blade as family.
– Hansen(Sales) & Judy Sy(Admin Supervisor) with children Jireh (age 12), Jachin (age 10) and Bea (age 9)
On National Day, we will be taking a walk along the nature trail of Punggol Waterway Park to enjoy the outdoors and scenery of Singapore
– Lester Lee(Production Supervisor) & Adiel Choy(Pastoral Supervisor) with children Tristen (age 9) and Emma (age 7)
We will be going on a furniture hunt and shopping together as a family for our new nest this National Day holiday. We will also be celebrating my second boy’s birthday, which falls on August 8, in the comfort of our home thereafter.
– JimOrca (Photographer) & Anna Goh (Bank officer) with sons Kenji (age 2) and Koji (age 1)
On National Day, we will hang out at Sentosa Palawan beach in the morning and enjoy a family dinner with our parents while watching National Day Parade in the evening.
– Joshua & Joanne with daughter Kylie, (age 11) and son Kyler (age 8)
Should we picnic at the park? Watch the NDP fireworks? Travel in to JB for seafood? None of these! Books get all our attention this year! We are not doing anything else except mugging in pursuit of academic excellence for the upcoming O-levels.
The success of every pursuit requires 100 percent of our focus and 100 percent of God’s anointing and blessing. We are believing in a blessed, sweet success at the end of this journey with Him.
– Priscilla Yap (Trainer) with daughter Nicole Chen (age 16)
We will be celebrating National Day at the National Stadium this year! The whole family is very excited as this will be our very first time being at the parade instead of watching on TV. Our son has been practicing the songs so that he can sing along on the actual day.
– Steven Tay & Yen Chua with son Elliot (age 3)